The IU Health Arnett Hospital Philanthropy Council, in partnership with the IU Health Foundation, has announced five grants to support hospital initiatives and improve health throughout the region. The funded programs focus on the health of infants and their mothers, patients undergoing chemotherapy and victims of sexual assault. The grants were awarded from IU Health Arnett Hospital’s area of greatest need fund, which supports priorities identified by hospital leaders.
“These grants fund specialized equipment and training that enable our excellent clinicians to deliver even better care,” said Julie Paolillo, director of philanthropy for IU Health West Central Region. “Philanthropy allows us to go the extra mile to meet challenges in our region and in our state.”
Each initiative aligns with the IU Health systemwide goals of making Indiana one of the healthiest states in the nation.
The following projects were funded:
- $29,864 to establish the IU Health Arnett Center of Hope, where nurses specially trained in sexual assault examinations will use the Cortex-Flo Camera System to accurately document and provide evidence in cases of assault.
- $6,600 to launch a support group for pregnant women and new mothers suffering from Perinatal Mood Anxiety disorder, which will result in better outcomes for both mother and child.
- $4,845 to purchase a Premature Anne Task Trainer Twin Pack. These mannequins are modeled after premature infants and will provide more opportunities for nurses to prepare for a variety of scenarios.
- $4,165 to enable an IU Health Arnett RN to complete training to become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and help new mothers with breastfeeding and lactation issues.
- $1,530 to provide chemotherapy training and certification for 12 registered nurses, so they can administer on-site treatments at IU Health Arnett.
You can help meet health challenges in your own community by contributing to your local IU Health hospital’s area of greatest need. To learn more, visit iuhealthfoundation.org.