Due to a rise in the number of reported flu cases, IU Health is limiting visitors to some of its healthcare facilities to protect patients and staff and prevent further spreading.
Other IU Health facilities may implement restrictions in the future, so please check back for the most current information.
Facility & Start Date
- IU Health North Hospital: Maternity Unit: Jan. 2
- IU Health West Hospital: Pediatrics and Maternity Unit: Jan. 2
- Effective Jan. 7, the West maternity center will implement respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) restrictions, which means only immediate family members will be able to visit patients.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health: Jan. 2
- Riley at IU Health North Hospital: Jan. 2
Visitor restrictions* include:
- Only parents or legal guardians will be allowed to visit and be on the patient unit (exceptions can be made for end-of-life-situations).
- Siblings and children younger than 18 years will not be permitted on patient units.
- Patients will not go off their unit, except for testing or therapy; at Riley in Indianapolis, evening visits for inpatients may be arranged in the Child Life Zone.
- Visitors who have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed to visit patients.
- Patients with flu-like symptoms will be asked to wear a surgical or isolation mask.
*IU Health recognizes the role that family plays in a patient’s recovery. Exceptions to the policy may be made under special circumstances.