Due to a rise in the number of reported cases of flu and other respiratory viruses, IU Health is limiting visitors at some of its healthcare facilities to prevent further spreading protect patients and staff.
Facility and Start Date
- IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital – Dec. 13
- IU Health Methodist Hospital – Dec. 20
- IU Health North Hospital – Dec. 20
- IU Health Saxony Hospital – Dec. 20
- IU Health University Hospital – Dec. 20
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health – Dec. 20
Visitor restrictions* include:
- Only spouses, significant others, parents or legal guardians (18 or older) will be allowed to visit and be on the patient unit (exceptions can be made for end-of-life-situations).
- Siblings and children younger than 18 years will not be permitted on patient units.
- Patients with flu-like symptoms will be asked to wear a surgical or isolation mask.
- Patients will not go off their unit, except for testing or therapy; at Riley in Indianapolis, evening visits for inpatients may be arranged in the Child Life Zone.
- Visitors who have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed to visit patients.
- Visitors and parents should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the building.
*IU Health recognizes the role that family plays in a patient’s recovery. Exceptions to the policy may be made under special circumstances.